Our three men and our little lady....

Our three men and our little lady....
Our three men and our little lady.... M(13), J(10), D(8) & G(6)

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Hello! Welcome to my world. I am so glad you stopped by.

This past January, I made a few New Year's Resolutions. Among them were to 1. Get out of my comfort zone and 2. To start exercising. I also wanted to start a blog to share all of my experiences as a mother of four and as a preschool teacher. Both of which bring me immense pleasure and adventures! Although, I quickly found out that getting out of my comfort zone and exercising would also bring me different types of adventures...adventures beyond my wildest dreams! I will definitely write about those next.

I teach 3 year olds part-time during the school year but right now we are on summer break and I am just enjoying having my children with me all day again. Being a teacher by trade,  I love to do projects and take special trips with my children that foster their learning experiences. I believe that life is meant to be lived...and that means doing something and not just sitting around watching TV or playing video games all day long. So sometimes we have planned events and sometimes we just get in the car and go. Of course some days are just lazy summer days spent at our home by our pool!  As a Christian mom, I also think I have a responsibility to engage my children in wholesome activities and to monitor what they are doing, who they are with, and what they are exposed to.  My children still go on playdates and the older ones go to and have sleepovers but most of the time we are together as a family and in the end we are so glad we have each other. Being part of a large family is such a blessing to each of us. There is always something to do and always someone to do it with! Praise the Lord!

While in college I earned a second degree in English and so I have always enjoyed language and writing. Whether in stories or journals, I have found the creative process of writing exciting and pleasurable. Over the past year I have posted many of my professional, family and personal adventures on Facebook. Since I have signed up on Facebook many of my friends have approached me telling me that I should write a book. I have thought of it many times but I honestly wouldn't know where to start or how to write a book. I don't think I could narrow down my experiences into one neat little publication with organized chapters. And truth be told, I really don't think my life would be so interesting to people who don't know me!  So as a compromise for myself, I decided to start this blog to share some of my projects, adventures, thoughts and ups and downs.


I hope you all enjoy what you read, maybe get a good laugh or two, and hopefully take something from it. But always remember, this is my life. I am running my own race....I do what is good for our family and my life. I encourage everyone to "BlogLift" any ideas that I share and have some fun with your own family.

God Bless, Lisa

My children: My greatest accomplishment


No comments:

Post a Comment