Our three men and our little lady....

Our three men and our little lady....
Our three men and our little lady.... M(13), J(10), D(8) & G(6)

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer is here! All my babies are home!

My oldest son attends Middle School so he was home to assist one of my very best friends in helping me out with the beginning of summer activites! I had painted this sign so that all the children could see it as the school bus stopped for the last time this school year in front of our house. They loved it, as you can see from the photo. (The prince in orange is the son of said friend above!)  Every year I count down every day til the last day of school, starting right after Easter. I love my job at the preschool and its nice that my children get the opportunity to attend a public school but I thoroughly enjoy having all my babies home with me all summer! Are they perfect angels all summer? Not quite. Do they fight with each other? Sometimes. Do they complain they are bored? No way! We have so much to do and have so much fun doing it! One thing I have learned along the journey of motherhood is that children grow up when you don't notice it. There is no way to stop it or slow it down. One day you are changing diapers and shoving green stuff into their mouths and calling it food and the next they are running around in boxers, eating an entire pizza by themselves! You get the point. They go from zero to 13 in a blink of an eye. As always, I fully intend to enjoy and savor all the moments I get with my children. We will have fun and laugh and sometimes cry but we will always do it together. I wish the summer will go by very slowly giving us the opportunity to do all the amazing things we want to do together until school starts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment