Our three men and our little lady....

Our three men and our little lady....
Our three men and our little lady.... M(13), J(10), D(8) & G(6)

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Princess does The Warrior Dash!

OK, so getting out of my comfort zone completely meshed with starting to exercise and ended up in an adventure that no one could have ever predicted me getting involved in. I have often said that I don't go outside unless its over 70 degrees and under 90 degrees. I don't do snow, I don't do dirt, I don't do bugs. I do mani/pedis, I do high heels, I do lunch at a nice restaurant, I do shopping at the mall. So when one of my best friends posted in January that she was going to run in this Warrior Dash thing in June, the last thing anyone expected ME to do was sign up too! Remembering my New Year's Resolutions I gladly typed in my credit card information to sign up. So for 6 months I trained to be a Warrior! I donned the Warrior Woman tank top and started working my way from not being able to run around my house without being winded to running a 5k in 36 minutes! Life was good! Flash forward to June 12th... With the blast of fire and a very loud horn we were off running in The Warrior Dash. Through knee high mud and waist high water we inched along the 5k obstacle course.  Over walls, under barbed wire and through tunnels. With me only once having to utter out loud Philippians 4:13 "I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." With a final jump over flames we finished the race and two true Warriors were born!

No comments:

Post a Comment